Valorant is an online multiplayer FPS (First-person shooter) game developed by Riot Games and launched in June 2020. The game shares similarities with other FPS games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Overwatch, but also has unique features and gameplay elements.
In Valorant, players select characters, called "agents," with unique abilities and skills that can be used to defeat opponents. The players are divided into two teams and compete against each other on different maps. The goal varies depending on the game mode, but may include planting or defusing a bomb or eliminating the opposing team.
The game includes an anti-cheat technology designed to minimize the use of cheating programs.
Valorant has quickly become a popular esport game and has a growing professional scene with tournaments and leagues around the world.
When was Valorant released?
Valorant was officially launched on June 2, 2020 by Riot Games. Since then, the game has continued to develop through regular updates and additions to the game's features, agents, and maps.
What is the age rating for Valorant?
The age rating for Valorant is 16 years old according to the game's age recommendation from PEGI (Pan European Game Information). This means that the game is considered suitable for people aged 16 and up due to its violent and realistic content. However, it is always important for parents or guardians to assess whether the game is appropriate for their children depending on their maturity level and personal values.
What genre is Valorant?
Valorant is a game in the FPS (First-Person Shooter) genre. However, the game also has some elements of MOBA games (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) thanks to the unique characters that players can choose to play as, and their unique abilities and skills. This adds a tactical dimension to the game, where players must choose the right character for the situation and cooperate with their team to win.
How do you play ranked in Valorant?
To play ranked in Valorant, players must first play at least 20 standard games to unlock ranked matches. After this, players can enter the ranked game mode and start playing.
In ranked matches, the goal is to win and increase one's ranking. Ranking in Valorant is measured on a scale from Iron to Radiant, where Iron is the lowest ranking and Radiant is the highest. A player's ranking is based on their performance in ranked matches, including the number of wins, losses, and personal achievements.
Ranked matches in Valorant are typically played in a 5v5 format on one of several different maps. Players select characters with unique skills and abilities that can be used to defeat opponents. As in standard games, the goal is to eliminate opponents or plant/defuse a bomb.
It is important to note that ranked matches can be very competitive, so it is important to have sufficient experience and skills before entering ranked matches. Players who join ranked matches should also have a positive attitude and a willingness to collaborate with their teammates to maximize their chances of winning.
How does Valorant differ from CS:GO?
Valorant and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) are both FPS (First-person-shooter) games that have a large player base around the world. Here are some differences between the two games:
- Characters and abilities: In Valorant, players choose characters that have different abilities that help their playstyle and their team to defeat their opponents. In CS:GO, players have no unique abilities, and all players are equal.
- Gameplay style: Valorant has a more tactical gameplay style with a focus on using the characters' abilities correctly to defeat opponents. CS:GO has a more traditional gameplay style that focuses on precision shooting and teamwork.
- Graphics and design: Valorant has a more "animated" graphic style and a sci-fi-inspired design, while CS:GO has a more realistic graphic style and a modern military-inspired design.
- Weapons and equipment: Both games have a wide range of weapons and equipment that players can buy and upgrade during the match, but the range differs between the games.
- Esports scene: Both Valorant and CS:GO have a large and growing professional esports scene with tournaments and leagues around the world.
In summary, both Valorant and CS:GO are popular FPS games with unique features and gameplay styles that appeal to different types of players. Which game one prefers depends on personal preferences and playstyle.
Learn more about Valorant on the official website.