Introduction to Unity, Blender, and 3D Game Development
This course is aimed at those between the ages of 14-22 who want to dive straight into 3D gaming! Learning the programming language C#, 3D modeling in Blender, and combining everything in Unity will give you valuable and practical skills that will advance your journey to becoming a professional game developer! Perhaps you're about to start high school, or you've just finished school and don't know what path to take? Then this course is for you. Groups are divided into 14-16 and 17-22, unless you have a friend you want to attend with.
You will establish connections and networks, and in addition to learning, we will introduce you to some professional game developers from real game companies like DICE and Early Morning Studios to provide you with tips and advice for your journey in the gaming industry.
We have learning sessions every Tuesday and Thursday for 8 weeks, and our trainers are available via Discord even outside these times.
What you will learn
In this course you will learn the basics of C# (pronounced C-sharp) to be able to program various game mechanics. You'll also learn to build 3D models in Blender and then transfer everything to Unity to apply the code you've written. By the end of the course, you'll have solid knowledge of professional tools within game design and development, giving you a head start in the world of game development. We will remaster (rebuild and refine) the 1996 game Mario 64, a classic Mario game with many different aspects and features.
Good to know
Tuesdays vs. Thursdays
Primarily, it will work like this: on Tuesdays, we will have workshops on the relevant subject within game development, like programming or 3D modelling, and on Thursdays, we will focus on collaboration with the group to apply the knowledge in a fun and social way! We'll also issue fun challenges for you to work on outside the learning sessions.
There are certain aspects that are more advanced, and we might have a slightly different setup, but always on the same day and time. We will send out the schedule to all participants so you can see what we will be working on each week!
3999 SEK for all 16 sessions. You will receive a payment link when you are accepted!
Both the education and our community are on Discord, from 17:30-19:00.
This will be sent out to you after payment.
To do before the course starts:
- Blender - Download the latest version for free here: https://www.blender.org/download/
- Visual Studio and Unity C# Add-on - Download the latest version for free here: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
- Community NOTE! Do not download Visual Studio Code, only download Visual Studio.
- Unity – Download the latest version for free here: https://unity.com/download
- Discord – Download for free here: https://discord.com/
- An email account - you need to have easy access to email during the course. If you don't already have an account, we recommend using Gmail - www.gmail.com
- Recommended Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- CPU: Quad-core CPU (exempel: Intel i5 / AMD Ryzen 5) or better
- RAM: 8 GB RAM works, but ideally 16 GB
- Graphics: DirectX 11/12 compatible graphics card with at least 4GB VRAM.
We will have a tech evening on September 28th on Discord where we will have staff to assist you with installations as needed.