Introduction to Programming and Game Development
Level 1: Grassroots
This course is aimed at those between 11 – 20, who have a burning interest in the game development process. You don't need any prior experience; we'll start from the beginning!
We have learning sessions every Tuesday and Thursday for 8 weeks, and our educators are available on Discord even outside these times. Did you get stuck on something? Just let our community know where we have active, young developers, and our educators ready to help you get even better.
What you'll learn
After the course, you'll have beginner-level skills in 2D-game development, which you can use to take further courses and build your own games. The course is remote, and we use the Discord platform to help each other throughout the course - even outside of learning sessions, you can submit your work and get help!
You'll also receive a diploma after presenting work that certifies your skills.
Once you've completed this course, you'll have foundational skills to develop your own game in general areas. You'll be able to program, animate, and design games that you can further develop. You'll also have the opportunity to enroll in the course "Introduction to Programming and Game Development Level 2: Advanced Mechanics", which is the continuation of this course.
Good to know
Tuesdays vs. Thursdays
On Tuesdays, we'll have workshops on the relevant subject within game development, like programming or 3D modeling, and on Thursdays, we'll focus on collaborating with the group to apply the knowledge in a fun and social way! We'll also give out fun challenges that you work on outside of the learning sessions.
2499 SEK for all 16 sessions.
You'll receive a payment link when you're accepted!
Both the course and our community are on Discord, from 17:30-19:00. This will be sent to you after payment.
To do before the course starts:
- GameMaker 2.0 - Download for free here: https://gamemaker.io/en/download - Latest version required, update before course start.
- Discord - Download for free here: https://discord.com/
- Email- You need to have easy access to email during the course. If you don't already have an account, we recommend Gmail – www.gmail.com
- Recommended minimum computer requirements:
- CPU: Quad-core CPU
- RAM: 8 GB works, but 16 GB is always best!
- Graphics Card: DX11 compatible graphics card.
- OS: Microsoft 64bit Windows 10
- Hard Drive: At least 5 GB, preferably SSD but HDD works well.